it's the little things

I've had perhaps one of the most physically and mentally harrowing weeks this week! but the lesson I've learnt most clearly is that God is in the little things, and I am so humbled.

I am working on the hardest essay question I've tackled in my whole degree .  .  .

and a fever and flu took me out this week from Tuesday to Friday!

Have you ever tried writing a paper with a head of hot mush?

It's harrowing!




On Wednesday, while sipping my tea in class I knocked over my cup and it flooded the inside of my iPhone. The speakers stopped working.

Dangit!

On Wednesday night, I realised that the plans I had assumed were ahead of me were different to what I thought they were going to look like. I am sort of slow to accept the changing of plans. 

Hmm . . .

On Wednesday driving home, my new cd started skipping. I took out the cd and my player had scratched my brand new cd! I forgot it did that.

Dangit!!

But in all of these difficult circumstances, I was reminded of how I am a tiny human, and God is God.



I am not God. I can't stay up without sleep. When I stop trusting in God's promise that He will watch over my grades to enable me to get to where I need to be and I become filled with fear and anxiety about how to tackle my essay,
I actively let down my gaurd of protection. Bad things happen, like my immune system weakening and my body welcoming full blown flu and fever . . . : (

But God is sovereign and faithful when I am not. He still enabled me to discern my research, write fluently and construct an essay despite having a head of hot mush. His grace and mercies were sufficient for me, His power was made perfect in my weakness.  : )

God watches over the intricacies of my life - I woke up on Thursday morning and my iPhone speakers had dried out and were working again. He is the father of every good and perfect gift          : )

And while I was disappointed with the seeminly change of plans, I was reminded that God forsaw this. The plans never were what I assumed they were. They always were what they are. God was just waiting for me to realise this. And then He had an amply supplied closet full of comforts and scriptures waiting for me when I sought after Him for comfort and resolution.  They were scriptures I had written out months ago to remind my soul as the plans were taking form. While they were written from a different context, they were almost more relevant now. God is sovereign and works all things together for good for those who are called according to His purposes. I relinquished the rights to my life a long time ago, I live for His purposes, He will work all things together for my good. I love that.

And in the tiniest little things...
Learn to do everyting without complaining or arguing, so that you can hold the truth out to this world like shining stars. Cheer up soldier, burn a new copy of the cd!




Comments

Popular Posts