1 year on

I've got this new weird app that shows you the photo you took this day last year. 

I didn't realise, but today's photos marked the day that my world was about to turn in ways id never imagined! 








ThE night I got home from this four wheel driving trip, my parents sat us down and told us they were splitting. For our close knit, "hallmark" family, this was unbelieveable for me. 

The ripple on effects took their toll, graduate full time work was well under way, washing powder needed to be bought as a bachelorette who'd moved out. The world spun madly on. 

God knows the crazy adventure of last year.

But this morning, as I woke up in my old bed at my parents house, (because I'm   "on holidays" hibernating away from my social beach shack home)  I went out and had brunch with my parents who are now back together, and I celebrated. 

I went for a run just now around my childhood neighbourhood, and I praised God. 

The past year has led me down a very interesting road. Various social groups, new relationships, new hobbie interests, new ways of cooking, a career in a government building. All were gifts from God, all were probably used to in one way or another to an extreme for escape. And were stripped from me by God out of mercy and love. The road has been filled with joy and heartache. But the road have served to build THIS character. THIS faith. The intimacy I've got with my Father God is worth every millisecond of confusion or pain. I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

So cheers!! To the day that marks one year on :) 

Zecerriah 2.5
'For I,' declares the LORD, 'will be a wall of fire around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'

Comments

Popular Posts