Muffins, tornadoes and Genesis

This morning I was reading Genesis 1 and 2. Three things struck me:

1) God brought order out of chaos. He separated land from sky, then land from ocean. God brought order to confusion of matter.

2) God produced productivity and fruit from a barren land. Out of the sheer landscape he caused trees and vegetation to grow and bear fruit. God sees to it that He brings prosperity at the right appointed time to his created land.

3) God formed man and gave Him authority to rule and reign over the created things. Out of the dust He formed Adam and gave Him the task of naming and subduing all God had made. God ordained man to name and diligently rule over Gods creation.

I was so encouraged by this!

I know that it is not Gods will for me to walk in confusion or in chaos. He promises to brings order and clarity to my situation.

I know that in His appointed time I will bear the fruit of my labour. I need not ever forge my own way.

Everything under the sun is created by God, and when doctors, lawyers, nurses, architects, engineers, psychologists and the like work their field, they are fulfilling the mandate for mankind to master knowledge and rule over their field, Gods creation.

In other words, Perth was struck by a twister yesterday, and these are the muffins I nearly burnt while writing this post!

Comments

Popular Posts