in quitness and trust shall be your strength

hope deferred makes the heart sick.
and just before christmas, i definately got sick

so it was really nice to take an impromptu camping trip just before christmas eve and just breathe!































 but christmas was a wonderful reminder that my life isn't about me.
it's all about Christ.


 i was reminded that my life is not my own.
i relinquished the rights to my life a long time ago.

i had taken my eyes off God
and placed them on the uncertainties which seem to detail every area of my life.

misplaced hope makes the heart sick.
but our hope was never meant to be in the things or plans of this world. 
it was designed to be placed in God our:
-unchanging
- never failing
-loving
-sovereign above all
God. 
hope in God means rest and security in the midst of confusion.

how fickle we are as human beings! 
i forgot all that good stuff for a moment there. 

so God is shedding the outer husks off of my life.
i am thankful for people like my mum
and the sustaining graces of friends for holding my arms up in surrender
when i was too weak and forgot how to do it myself.



so this is a limbo post.

i have no idea what awaits.

 i need a significant amount of money by the 11th January in order to do the things God has placed on my heart to do.

in the meantime,
my daily bread,  my rod of correction, my boundary lines which have kept me in sweet places are:

"He gaurds the feet of his saints"
1 samuel 9.9

"i resolve to know nothing while i am with you except Christ Jesus and him crucified" 
 1 cor 2.2

"all the days ordanied for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." 
 psalm 139.16 

"in his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" 
 proverbs 16.19

"she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."
proverbs 31.25-31

"even if i am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, i rejoice."
philippians 2.17

"be still and know that i am God"
psalm 46.10

"i the Lord will speak what i will and it will be fulfilled without delay."
ezekiel 12.25

"in returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength."
isaiah 30.15

"many are the plans in a mans heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails."
proverbs 19.21

"you will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you."
isaiah 26.3

"keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said 'never will i leave you; never will i forsake you.'"
hebrews 13.5

"for the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."
 habakkuk 2.3

""for my thoughts are not your thoughts, neigher are your ways my ways", delcares the Lord. as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.""



so who am i to tell God what he can and can't do with me?
i am a lump of clay and he is the master potter.
a blank canvas on which He can paint whatever he so pleases for His glory.
i am his disciple and i will go wherever he leads and stay wherever he plants me. 


it's been such an edifying season.
a season of figuring out how to balance listening and understanding the spirit of God
while making sure i have the bible underpin all i do.
both are so important as a disciple. 

so 11th jan!
i need a miracle amount of money by that date if i am to travel to south america for missionary work.
stay tuned for a 12th jan post. 

if a miracle happens, i'll be heading to south america.
if not, the people God would have me minister to right now is in perth.

wonder what THAT will look like!! 
i just know whatever happens will be the best.
for me and for others. 
he works all things together for the good of those who love him. 
 
 i trust missionary work will happen some day. in it's appointed time.
 not my will be done in my timing, but His will be done in His timing.
it's always. always. always. worked out better that way.

so.
i sign this limbo post off with a quote by amy carmichael,
a personal favourite:

"and shall i pray thee change thy will, my father, until it be according unto mine?
but no, Lord, no, that never shall be.
rather, i pray thee blend my human will with thine."








Comments

Popular Posts