joy in the morning

tonight I sat down at my kitchen table on the front deck and I ate my dinner while watching the sunset. 

i'd been cycling and swimming all afternoon with my roomie as we trained for the upcoming triathlon and my body was in that pleasant state of being exhausted and satisfied at the same time. 

a fun weekend behind me, a fun week ahead. 
i'd never asked for fun, i just asked Jesus to become my treasure.
Well He became that and then graciously gave me fun too. 

i gazed out over the ocean, trying to comprehend how i got given this undeserved new life so unexpectedly, 

just at that moment, my new cat which i've inhereted with the house jumped up on my lap, nestled into my tummy and began to purr. i love cats. and i'm miraculously not allergic to this one. 

I tilted my head back to the sky and giggled. 

"God I couldn't have imagined this up, or created this any better myself if I'd had tried." 

if there's one taste that has been on my tongue which sums up the past few months, it'd be this:
there may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning. 


"What no eye has seen,
What no ear has heard, 
And what no human mind has conceived, 
The things God has prepared for those who love Him." 
- 1 Cor 2.6


hold on friends. 
either tomoro, next week, next month, next year or next side of eternity... 

He's coming for you. and Hes bringing the biggest blessings for your surrender, trust and perserverance. 

in grace. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts