Being this wildflower

“I walk around the school hallways and look at the people. I look at the teachers and wonder why they're here. If they like their jobs. Or us. And I wonder how smart they were when they were fifteen. Not in a mean way. In a curious way. It's like looking at all the students and wondering who's had their heart broken that day, and how they are able to cope with having three quizzes and a book report due on top of that. Or wondering who did the heart breaking. And wondering why.” 

- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of being a Wallflower. 

I fell off the slide yesterday, so I spent today getting better in hospital. It was broken and I got hurt.

Metaphorically speaking, of course. 

I don't think I'll play on that playground for a while. I might go and lye down under the trees and watch the sun stream through the leaves. 

Practically speaking, 

Tomorow morning, ill get up super early and go for a power/prayer walk with my friend Cas, then perhaps we will get a coffee at our local cafe and race home to get ready for work. 

I'll praise my heart out on the way to work, and apply myself with 110% concentration on the task at hand. 

And if at any point in tomorrow's day I am tempted to feel distracted or overwhelmed in disappointment at the slides brokeness, I will acknowledge the feelings as valid for the circumstances, and remember Ephesians 2.6 
"And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus." 

I sit on the the throne in the heavenly realms, above my circumstances and rule and reign with Christ. My emotions are real and good, but they don't rule me. Ephesians 1. 18 and 19 tell me that Gods strength, power, rule and reign are now my now inheritance. So I'm not passive to my circumstances, I don't have to be swept away in the flood of my circumstances. I have control over what happens and what I let rule me. 

And God rules me. God is sovereign over me. I submit to Him - and I now seat  with Him. 

Under the shade of my shady tree as I watch the sun stream through the leaves. Maybe later I'll feel up for another play. 

But for now. I'm to be a wildflower. :) 


Comments

Popular Posts