Down time development

"Fire can warm or consume, water can quench or drown, wind can caress or cut. And so it is with human relationships: we can both create and destroy, nurture and terrorise, traumatise and heal eachother." 

- Dr Bruce Perry, 'The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog." 

That quote encapsulates my prayerful downtime thoughts tonight. 

In the context of relationships, my world fell apart in 2014. Fractured from parents, siblings, colleagues and a terribly messy breakup. But relationship with God was the steady foundation that sustained me daily. 

In the context of relationships, my world was rocked by two in 2015 whose cards I'd never delt with before. I've never been more hurt, angry and disappointed in God, man and myself. 
But my family, my friends, and my colleagues were all consistent in their love which ultimately helped me love and forgive. Relationship with God was the light that pierced the darkness, centred me in the anxiety of flashbacks & sleepless nights, gave me hope that there was purpose and things would get better. 

In the context of relationships in 2016, I have healed. I laugh at the days behind and the days to come with my family, my friends, my colleagues. 
I am Redeemed. God himself met me and led me to a spacious place and life is bursting forth before me. I once again have joy, love, grace. 

I am me again. I haven't been fully me, fully free me since 2013. God has used the fire to refine that 2013 me into 2016 me. A vessel who can actually empathise. 

In relationship with both God and man; a little more wiser, a little more stronger, onward and upward. 




Comments

Popular Posts