One day everything will be wonderful

"The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain ; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Today I picked up some children from their foster parents house to take them to visit their biological mum on a 'supervised visit'.

 

Dylan*, 3 and Sarah*, 2 are the most beautiful, gentle natured, open little children I have met.
And they love seeing their mummy.
But there have been issues with Dylan and Sarah's placement as of late 
And they were a bit emotionally unsettled when I picked them up today. 
Crying and struggling to get out of the carseat, I tried to sooth and calm them:
"We're going to see Mummy this morning! How exciting is that? 
Mummy loves you so much and is looking forward to seeing your beautiful smile."
I got a big smile from Dylan and Sarah and they looked out the window.

I drove them to contact,
praying that Mum would show . . .
Praying over them,
that God would comfort these confused little souls
and that they would one day know the saving love of Jesus.

We arrived to contact and Mum wasn't there.
Immediately, I kept the children distracted by singing nursery rhimes.
Old MacDonald had a farm, eee i eee i oowe. 
twinke twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are
a, b, c, d, e, f, g. h, i, j, k, lmno PE. q, r, s. t, y, u, VEE. w, x, y, and zee. 
 I rang Mum's mobile numerous times  ... 
Sarah arched her back, turned her face and began to cry
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE star (Sarah came back), how i wonder what you are ...
After 15 minutes, Mum didn't show and I was required to take the kids back to the foster parents. 

How do you explain to children that their parents didn't show up to have their weekly visit?
'Dylan? Sarah? I want you to listen to me, ok?
Mummy loves you very much. 
But she wasn't able to make it today to see you.
I'm so, so sorry, but she isn't coming. 
Do you understand?"
They both stare at me, lost, dazed, slightly frowning.
"Dylan and Sarah, I'm going to take you back to carer now ok?
We are not going to see Mummy today.
I'm taking you back to carers.
Mummy loves you both so much, 
you're both so special,
but for some reason she just couldn't make it today."

Due to their developmental stage, I knew that Dylan and Sarah probably couldn't understand most of what that meant. 
But all I knew is that they were excited to see Mummy
And now for some reason this lady who sings songs and drives us to see Mummy
is taking us back to carer
We are not seeing Mummy.
And oh, they began to cry.
And I just prayed.

Once we arrvied back at the carer's house, I turned around and said
"Do you know what?
I don't know why Mummy couldn't make it to see you
But I do know that she loves you very much.
I love you very much 
and God loves you so, so much. 
Do you understand that?"

Both children nodded their heads and looked at me with intrigue.
I hugged them both and led them inside.

...

Driving away from the carers, 
This song came on the radio: 


I listened to it and almost cried. 
I remember being about 8 years old and hearing it for the first time.
While I couldn't relate to it personally,
I still got lost in a daze about how it must be like for children my age
to experience what this song talks about.

I saw it, in real life, just now. 

Dylan and Sarah don't know what's going on
Every placement that they get passed around to
tells them that they are wonderful, special 
and that Mummy loves them.

I can't imagine what goes on in their little heads.
But if mummy loves us, why didn't she show?
if we are so wonderful and loved, how come nobody lets us stay with them for more than a few days?

I don't know what will become of Dylan and Sarah.
I am only the transport and supervisee of contact.
All i can do is love them, sing with them and pray with them.

I know that things aren't wonderful for them now.
But they will be.
I consider it an uttmost privelage that God would assign me each of my children
to pray for with and over

I believe that each of the children God assigns me at work through my boss
will one day recieve the seed of the message of the gospel
and to that end, I pray for the soil of their hearts.

I pray that God would align the right relationships and situational opportunities to plant a seed
to water the seed
and that Jesus' blood would be over each individual child 
protecting them, guiding them and keeping them in His divine love.
That He would have mercy over their souls, 
and forgive the sins of their fathers.
That he would deliver these little children from evil,
and watch over their steps, directing them unto Him.
That He would place a burning desire in their hears to know Him
and a yearning unpack the ' deeply known' precious truth of Jesus

And to that end, I say
Everything will one day be wonderful again
For each and every individual child like Dylan and Sarah 
Everything will one day be wonderful again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts