Thematic threads !

Nearly 3 years ago I wrote these notes down in prep to giving my testimony at church. 

I discovered them when plodded on the couch browsing old iPhone notes. God seems to weave a theme into my life!! It's quite inspiring and encouraging actually : 

9.2.2014 
"...
- I'm not entirely sure why God allowed me to go so far down the YWAM path only to pull it away from me, but I suspect that it was so that I could walk through an intense fire and experience His comforts in glorious ways that I wouldn't have been able to had I not walked this journey. 

- I know now that God is much more interested in our holiness and deep daily dependence on Him than in giving us what we wants.
- he is much more interested in transforming us into Christ-likeness on the journey than in getting us to our external destination.
- God is much more interested in our worship, affection and cultivating a trustful heart in him than in giving into our tantrums to know what's going on. 
- he wants to bring about. His plans and purposes for our lives more than we want them, so will we be patient to wait in His timing ? 

- during this season, I have tasted the same deep truths Abraham did when he was promised Isaac, only to be asked by God to sacrifice Him, - all in order to see what was I. His heart.

- I have tasted the same truths David did when he thought he was on track to become king, until Saul tried to kill him - all in order to cultivate and develop a faith so deep that would transpose into psalms that have taught and inspired generations throughout the world.

- the same truths Joseph did when god gave hi a. Vision of becoming king, only to be sold into slavery by his brothers for 7 years, all do develop his trust, faith and surrender. 

Encouragement for the church: 
- timing is a mysterious thing. 
God sometimes speaks a vision or gives a snapshot of where you are to go but who are we to tell god how and when that should come out?
 will we peruse and trust God more than chasing after plans or a vision we believe. God may have given us? 
- the delays and trials we as a church are experiencing are , purifying and refining us in preparation to walk into our promised land. How could we possibly shake our fist at God for that? 
- he will bring us to the promise land when he knows we are ready for it. 

- in the waiting, Jesus must become our treasure
- we must repent of idols,  of security, clarity, and peruse Jesus and make him our treasure.
Then your light will burst forth, your joy and peace will come back. He wants to bring about the best for you more than you do. Trust him, that at this time, his gift to you is sustaining grace in the perceived lack. 

- for me, since I closed the door to South America closed, I have experienced abounding peace and contented ness to stay in perth.. Which is crazy!!! I've always wanted to travel! I've moved out of home and into a beach house with some Christian girls and I've been so excited to start my social work in the context of first world city perth. All that is the grace of God - I couldn't have imagined how happy and content 

- I will one day do international social work in some capacity because I do believe He spoke that to me, but it will be His will in His timing!!"

I pray that same faith and heart!! 


Comments

Popular Posts