Self care and Jesus

 John Wesley said, “Singing is as much the language of holy joy, as praying is of holy desire.”

So here are some musing hymns that my heart sing. Penned perhaps for those who also find deep joy in being poured out. 

"Be still, my soul; the Lord is on your side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to your God to order and provide;
In every change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; your best, your heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end."
–Katharina von Schlegel

"Peace, perfect peace—
In this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within."
–Edward H. Bickersteth

"My heart can sing when I pause to remember
A heartache here is but a stepping stone
Along a trail that’s winding always upward,
This troubled world is not my final home.
But until then my heart will go on singing, Until then with joy I’ll carry on, Until the day my eyes behold the city, Until the day God calls me home."

–Stuart Hamblen

It's blessed to pour your life out for others. 

Jesus did it. 

He had perfect boundaries. Pure motives. Perfect moderation and balance.

I couldn't do anything else but my career as a social worker. Which has so refined me into a helping friend to others in my personal life too. 

I can only look upon Jesus and see He also gave. Within boundaries, tempered with moderation and expressly pure in all his intentions and ways.

This is my balance. Googling hymns and getting my toe nails done. 





Comments

Popular Posts