the old chestnut, boundaries

Psalm 16.16 
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

Just to be clear. 

The boundary lines have fallen for me in sweet places. They are mine and others know them. 

Anyone outside has free will to step up, clean up and come inside my boundary lines to be my friend. Even again. 

Likewise, those friends inside have free will to do their own thing & step outside what my boundary lines permit. I let them go. 

I don't move.
People move in and out depending on what they decide to do and are happy with. 

I've found friends come and be better versions of themselves around me. And I am a Better version of myself around them. 

My friendships within my boundary lines are enriching & true. 
They have hallmarks of consistency, correction and counsel.  If people don't like this they leave. 

And on this Friday night, I'm singing Gods faithfulness because I'm ok with alllllll of that :) 









Comments

Popular Posts