It is well.

Morning rest for the soul ... 


Proverbs 16:9 

"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."


Job 42:2 

“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted."


Isaiah 46:9-10 

"Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’"


Proverbs 19:21 

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."


Psalm 103:19 

"The Lord has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all."


Romans 8.38

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."


Lamentations 3:37 

"Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?"


Ecclesiastes 7:13-14 

"Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him."


Isaiah 14:24 

"The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand."


Genesis 50:19-21 

"But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.” Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them."



Isaiah 46:11:

"Calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it."


I've been waking up feeling a bit anxious about things again, so I've been going for early morning runs to pray and sweat the adrenalin out of my system. 

I was praying about my bent towards anxiety this morning. Part of me was moaning to God; "why did you make me so sensitive to things!? - what others could brush off, I have nervous energy coursing through my body about!" But then I felt a calm impression imprint itself upon my heart: 

What if God intentionally designed me this way? 
What if this nervous energy was to actually serve me to realise and taste God' sovereignty in a more delightful way? 

Since I refuse to walk around crippled in self pity, anxious or despairing, my knees have always hit the floor at the moment of anxiety. Must be God working in me, because I know that's not easy for some people. 

But I can't help it, as soon as I feel out of control, anxious or despairing, I simply MUST take it to the one who can organise my life, thoughts and feelings. 

God hears my cries, and empathises. It's quite a profound intimacy. He opens my heart and mind to the scriptures, and I can't HELP but let the scriptures such as above sooth my worried heart and mind. 

And boy, when those scriptures hit my adrenal glands and slow my hummingbird heartbeat, oh the feelings of gratitude overwhelm. I become content in the now, and bubble over with joy toward my lord Jesus. 

God is sovereign. God is faithful. God is good.

I am under His auspices. Everybody around me also comes under his auspices. 

His withholding is a tender mercy. His giving is in perfect measure. I wait under His sovereignty.

His sovereignty teaches me to sing: "It is well with my soul."


(A mid-jog shot of the early morning Tuesday)

"What the sun is to the day, what the moon is to the night, what the dew is to the flower, such is Jesus Christ to us" - Charles Spurgeon.






Comments

Popular Posts