Open your eyes I can change what you see.

and we're back! 

I was thinking about my last blog post, this morning. 

So intense. Ha! 

I love to write when I get side swiped by thoughts or memories, and from the depths of raw emotion I write. 

But most of the time, I don't live there. 

I've had the most amazing, light hearted time down South of west Australia. 

It's been amazing to reflect upon all that God has brought me through this year. 

Psalm 66 captures it well:

"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance."

I read this week that when other properties are mixed into melted gold, it hardens the gold and makes it impure. 

For the gold to be made pure again, it must be put through a furnace so that the dross may be ladled off the top. 

God has been so faithful to expose states of my heart that I didn't even know I had - and to refine them into gold. 

It's been so wonderful. 

I read a quote this morning over Yallingup coffee: 

"I was set free because my greatest fear had been realised. And I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea." 
- An author whom I don't really like but I love the wisdom. (j.k. Rowling)

My greatest fear of been seen and told I was unloveable, happened. 

I am still alive, I am still strong. I know who I am in God, and He has said I am loveable. So I can hear it again from my friends and family and I can believe it. 

I made it through. The furnace didn't burn me! 

Onwards and upwards. Probably through the fire again very soon, ha but He's got this. We've got this. 

But your soul you must keep totally free. 


Comments

Popular Posts