Hearts and minds in winter ❤️

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

I'm stuck on this one. 

I've discovered that it's easy to come under a burdening law to live by the spirit. 

"No mind, don't you dare think about that, bad mind you, think about Gods love and promises and the things of the Kingdom. Yes I know your heart is inclined toward the flesh, but never mind, turn your mind to Jesus anyway"

Don't do this mind, do that instead. Law. 

Do it when your heart doesn't want to.

Do the impossible task of changing your own heart so your mind does what it's told. 

Isn't that law? Burdening law. 

Oh I need to pray first and foremost, God CHANGE my heart, INCLINE my heart to you, that my mind would be repulsed by the things of the flesh, herein then that my body wouldn't even begin acting in the flesh.

I pray my heart would be first drawn by Christ, then inclined toward the kingdom, and then consumed by the Holy Spirit. 

And then my mind would follow. 

And that Romans 8.6 would never ever become a condemining law. 


Comments

Popular Posts