Life in Communion

"When a child of God suffers, you need to understand it is only because The Lord has allowed it. He has not forgotten you!
 When I hear a house church christian has been imprisoned for Christ in China, I don't advise people to pray for his or her release unless The Lord clearly reveals we should pray this way. 
Before a chicken is hatched, it is vital that it is kept in the warm protection of the shell for 21 days. If you take the chick out of that environment one day too early, it will die.
...
There is always a purpose to why God allows his children to to to prison. Perhaps it's so they can witness to the other prisoners, or perhaps God wants to develop more character in their lives. But if we use our own efforts to get people out of prison earlier than God intended, we can thwart His plans, and the believer may not come out as fully formed as God wanted them to be.
The Lord told the apostle Paul, 'My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.' (2 Cor 12.9). This led Paul to declare 'Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor12: 9-10) 
The kingdom of God advances through suffering."

 Francis Chan, author of Living Water. 

This book is my favourite thing about bedtime. I LOVE IT!!! 


(One could spend hours conversing such theology with a girl like this. I get to live with her, but she's that good you'd want to go for coffee with her too.) 

Comments

Popular Posts